HVOF Spray process is one of the most popular processes employed across industries. It being a popular coating and metal guarding process brings a range of benefits and perks that also enhances the life and functionality of different type of metals. But the key to reap advantages by using HVOF Spray Process is to avail these services from a reputed and trusted firm. Imcmetallizing.com is a leading name that can be contacted to avail highly reliable HVOF spray process.
High Velocity Oxygen Fuel, popularly known as HVOF, it is easy to know that this thermal process involves use of molten materials (or semi-molten materials). These materials are used at a fast speed on substrates. Usage of this process aims to impart HVOF coatings and is thus used in a vast range of applications across different industries. There are many reasons why thermal spray process is used to create dense coatings on multiple surfaces.
The Hypersonic Spray Process involves mixing of fuel (commonly kerosene or hydrogen) with oxygen. This liquid is then ignited in combustion chamber and gases that emit are accelerated through a nozzle. When it soften, powder is introduced into the gas stream and gathers speed prior the coating is applied to the surface. These coatings are an alternate to a hard chrome replacement process and emit very dense, hard wearing coatings. The prices of metallisation provides two variants of HVOF Pistol Control Consoles which is then used to put the liquid fuel or gas fuel pistols into functioning.
Applications and Materials Used in HVOF Spray Process
High velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) spraying is majorly used to apply high quality coatings of cermets which can named as WC/Co and WC/Co/Cr. The thickness range of coating falls between 0.1-2 mm. further this type of coating include low level of porosity which stands at about 1-2vol% and low oxide content that falls between 1-2wt% range. HVOF spray coating presents a bond strength of more than 80MPa. These coatings are further put in use across various engineering and manufacturing applications to improve the surface properties of the applied components. Such coating helps in transforming these metals into cost effective, high performance parts from low cost or lightweight materials. All the metals that carry these coatings have a much durable and functional surface.
The HVOF spray process are used to make some components highly robust and sturdy such as gate, mud rotors, and ball valves in the oil/gas sector. The use of HVOF spraying process brings in a number of advantages and merits which are outlined below:
Benefits of HVOF Spraying are detailed below:
- Harder coatings: This spraying proves imparts the metals with harder coating. It causes less degradation of carbide phases that transforms into higher hardness.
- Better wear and tear protection: Since the coating is hard and tough, the metals ensure improved wear resistance.
- Smooth and dense coatings: The coatings acquired by HVOF processes are not only dense but a lot smoother. This is because the impact velocity is higher and the process creates lesser residual stress.
- Solid adhesiveness: The HVOF spray process coating bonds strongly with the substrate which make it present and result in enhanced functional surface across different category of metals.
- Corrosion resistance: Since the coasting imparted are less porous, these helps in creating enhanced corrosion protection.
All in all, HVOF coatings are used across various sectors and industries owing to their enhanced quality which are tough to be achieved with thermal spray coatings or other types of processes. To know more about the HVOF spray process and its variation across distinct industries, click on imcmetallizing.com.